Jul 31, 2013

Android 4.2 Easter Eggs

Now this is something I stumbled upon by chance. I had absolutely no idea, that my very own phone has Hidden Options and Easter Eggs. I was browsing through my settings, in 'About Phone', I was hitting the 'Check Now' update button, trying to see if 4.3 is finally out for my phone. I was tired of the fact that my friends have received the 4.3 update, and I still haven't. Anyway, in a fit of rage, I hit the 'Android Version' multiple times.

I was surprised when suddenly this Fat - Red Jellybean took over my screen. As soon as I touched my screen, the silly thing gave me a smile and in white bold letters a few words appeared beneath its enormous belly 'Android 4.2.2 - Jelly Bean'. That made me furious, I was not getting
the 4.3 and this shit tells me 4.2.2 in bold. So, I pressed the damn Jellybean, and lo, another trigger, 20-30 Jelly Beans appeared out of no where and hijacked my screen. When I flicked one, it went flying off the screen, and more appeared. An infinite Jelly Bean game that just goes on, till you hit the Back/Home button.

For those who just wish to see this silly Easter Egg Game, follow the path:
Settings -> About Phone -> Tap the 'Android Version'

Now I knew that there could be more such silly shit hidden and stuffed in settings, so I tapped the hell outta all the options in 'About Phone'. As soon as I tapped 'Build Number' another mystifying option popped up. It said 'You are now 3 steps away from being a Developer'.

Next, I tapped it twice and it said, 'You are now 1 step away from being a developer'. So I tapped it once more and the pop-up said 'You are now a Developer'.



Now to most Android Users, this will probably not make sense, but me being an enthusiast, I knew exactly what had happened. I pressed back to go into settings, and saw that 'Developer Options' had been unlocked. These options help you customize the core settings of your android, and do quite a lot of other stuff. (Search on Google, I don't have time to explain). So I was able to unlock my Developer Options, by just playing around with my settings. Just one question to Google, as I am still frustrated due to the lack of the update, why in fucks name, did you disable 'Developer Options' when enabling it was so simple and silly?!! Might as well give it from the start! Easter Eggs my ass! Give me the 4.3 already!

Anyway for people who wish to unlock the Developer Options follow this path:
Settings -> About Phone -> Tap 'Build Version' multiple times till you get the Pop-ups.

I've heard that 4.1 and the others had similar Easter Eggs, well alright then Google, if you like to sell phones with hidden silliness go right ahead. Might please a school girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment